Brucato 'Woodlands' Amaro
- San Francisco-based aperitivo/digestivo made in the style of a classic Italian amaro.
- Primary botanicals include Elderberry, black fig, cacao, cherry, currant, rose bud, and gentian
- Base of neutral grape distillate
- Whole botanicals, dried and fresh, are incrementally added to a California-sourced neutral grape distillate for a single batch maceration. The resulting spirit rests for a minimum of two months in stainless steel before it is sweetened with cane sugar and brought to proof.
- Cocoa nib and blackberry leaf on the nose are complemented by grapefruit peel and sweet orange. A full and juicy mid-palate of chocolate-covered cherries tapers to a lightly bitter finish reminiscent of pine needles.
- Experiment using Woodlands as you would Amaro Nonino, Bonal Quina, or Punt e Mes
- No added coloring
- Non-chill filtered; 21% ABV
- Double Gold medal winner at the 2021 San Francisco World Spirits Competition
Woodlands recalls cool, dark redwood forests. Rich and assertive enough to use like an amaro but balanced and fresh enough to use as a hearty vermouth, this is an extremely versatile liqueur, equally at home in brown-spirit-based cocktails and highballs.