Letherbee Original Distillers Gin
- 11 botanicals including juniper, coriander, licorice, fennel, angelica, coriander, cubeb, lemon peel, orange peel, cinnamon, & almond
- Botanicals are macerated in a neutral grain distillate made from corn
- Distilled in a pot still
- Created in 160-gallon batches; a true small batch gin
- Non-chill filtered; when combined with water this gin will louche like an absinthe or pastis
- A clean and balanced American Gin that fits nicely into its own stylistic space—relying mostly on herbal tones and less on citrus punch—the nose confidently expresses juniper, anise, and fresh timber with a palate of green tea, fresh fennel, and lime skin
- 48% ABV
Chicago bartender Brenton Engel first began making moonshine in his basement back in 2007—before, in fact, he even began bartending. His bootlegged “Illinois Joy” began making the rounds among the city’s chefs and bartenders and soon developed a cult following. Learning to combine flavors behind the bar—particularly the herbs and spices which lend depth to gin—Brenton set up shop as an artisanal distiller, and the newly minted Letherbee label released its flagship gin in the spring of 2012, quickly growing with the addition of other herbaceous and aromatic spirits.
Letherbee’s approach to distilling is guided by a clear set of values. With passion for the therapeutic nature of herbal spirits and a commitment to rejecting any outside commercial influence in favor of creative vision, Letherbee has become recognized across the country for its integrity in both production and philosophy.
Letherbee is a truly distinctive creator in the sea of modern American craft distillers