Tepozan Tequila Blanco
- Produced at Tepozán in San Julian, Jalisco, by Maestro Tequilero Carlos Padilla
- 100% Blue Weber (A. tequilana)
- Cooked 2 days in a traditional stone & brick oven; milled using mechanical roller mill
- Fermented in stainless steel
- Distilled twice using stainless steel pot stills
- Rich aromas of citrus peel, honeysuckle, jalapeño, cinnamon, and sea spray, followed by a palate full of white pepper, cilantro, and galangal, with a rolling finish full of baking spices that add marzipan and star anise to the persistent notes of pepper and cinnamon.
- 40% ABV
Tepozán Tequila uses single-estate agave, grown with organic methods. Don Carlos’s agave is harvested by hand, cooked and milled, and then fermented using wild, ambient local yeasts and well water from a deep volcanic spring located a quarter mile beneath the estate. Certified by Tequila Matchmaker as 100% Additive Free, the resulting “low intervention” tequila is at once quite modern in approach and deeply traditional in method.