Letherbee Distillers 'Vernal' Spring Gin
- Letherbee’s 2022 release of their annual seasonal spring gin
- Primary botanicals include almond and lavender; at least three other botanicals include juniper, coriander, and cubeb pepper
- 176 lbs. of super grade French lavender and 2.75 gallons of almond oil used in production
- Confectionary marzipan and floral lavender mingle from nose to finish with citrusy juniper and coriander with just a touch of black pepper and ginger heat
- 48% ABV
- Limited release of only 3,180 bottles
Chicago bartender Brenton Engel first began making moonshine in his basement back in 2007—before, in fact, he even began bartending. His bootlegged “Illinois Joy” began making the rounds among the city’s chefs and bartenders and soon developed a cult following. Learning to combine flavors behind the bar—particularly the herbs and spices which lend depth to gin—Brenton set up shop as an artisanal distiller, and the newly minted Letherbee label released its flagship gin in the spring of 2012, quickly growing with the addition of other herbaceous and aromatic spirits.
Letherbee’s approach to distilling is guided by a clear set of values. With passion for the therapeutic nature of herbal spirits and a commitment to rejecting any outside commercial influence in favor of creative vision, Letherbee has become recognized across the country for its integrity in both production and philosophy.
Letherbee is a truly distinctive creator in the sea of modern American craft distillers